The Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
By Dr. Tim Simpson on July 23, 2013
Keeping your smile unblemished can seem like an impossible task. Even patients who maintain good oral health can find themselves suffering from cosmetic blemishes. Teeth discoloration, small chips and cracks, or gaps between the teeth are just some of the common flaws that can negatively affect the smile. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a single dental treatment that could correct all of these flaws at once? Fortunately, there is! Cosmetic dentist Tim Simpson offers his patients in Big Spring, TX porcelain veneers treatment in order to give the smile a cosmetic makeover.
Porcelain veneers are fabricated using extremely thin ceramic porcelain. These restorations are custom-made to meet Dr. Simpson’s unique specifications for each client. Using molds of the patient’s teeth, the porcelain veneers are created to ensure the most comfortable and natural fit for our patients. Once complete, the veneers will be bonded to the front of the teeth in order to transform the appearance of the smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
With porcelain veneers in place, a patient’s smile is dramatically improved. The most obvious benefits of porcelain veneers is the concealment of a number of cosmetic flaws. Porcelain veneers can correct the appearance of any and all of the following conditions:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen or poorly sized teeth
- Chips, cracks, or fractures
- Slight alignment problems or overcrowded teeth
- Small gaps between the teeth
In addition to the cosmetic benefits of porcelain veneers, there are a number of other advantages to improving the smile with porcelain veneers treatment. These benefits include:
- A treatment that is completely personalized and tailored to meet each patient’s cosmetic needs
- A resilient and durable restoration that bonds to the teeth to adds strength to the porcelain veneers
- Resistance to chips, fractures, and stains
- A close and comfortable fit that does not interfere with oral functions
- No food or drink restrictions once porcelain veneers have been placed
- A natural appearance that blends in seamlessly with surrounding teeth and displays a translucency similar to a patient’s real teeth
- Long-term results that should last between 10 and 15 years before needing additional treatment
- The ability to correct a number of cosmetic flaws with one quick and easy treatment that is usually complete after just two dental appointments
- Minimal discomfort throughout treatment and no downtime or extended recovery required once treatment is complete
- Improved confidence knowing that the smile has been cosmetically enhanced
Because of the vast improvement that porcelain veneers can have on a patient’s smile and because of the numerous other benefits that come along with treatment, porcelain veneers are one of the top cosmetic procedures performed by Dr. Simpson.
Schedule an Appointment
Whether you are dissatisfied with the size, shape, or color of your teeth or have other imperfections that require treatment, porcelain veneers may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Dr. Tim Simpson can apply porcelain veneers to give you the white, straight, beautiful teeth you desire. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Simpson at your earliest convenience to learn more.
Related to This
“I have used Dr Simpson for the last 20 years. I cannot say enough about how friendly, awesome and amazing he AND his staff are. I highly recommend him and his office! Amazing care and people!” Terri C.