Can Dental Implants Work for Me?
By Dr. Tim Simpson on May 08, 2013
The goal of any dentist is to help patients care for the teeth so that they stay strong and healthy throughout the patient’s lifetime. However, in our practice we also realize that this is not possible for all of our patients. Whether it is due to injury, genetics, or a poor history of good oral hygiene habits, some patients are bound to experience tooth loss. In those cases, the new goal becomes replacing those teeth with strong dental restorations that restore function to the teeth and keep the structure of the jawbone intact. Dr. Tim Simpson, who serves all of Odessa TX, believes that there is no stronger dental restoration than dental implants. This is why dental implants are Dr. Simpson’s first choice for replacing the missing teeth of Odessa patients. However, dental implants are not for everyone. Dr. Simpson is careful when determining which of our patients make ideal candidates for dental implants treatment. By performing this procedure for only those patients who are qualifying candidates for the procedure, Dr. Simpson ensures the long-lasting success of dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Patients who would like to know if dental implants treatment is right for them should ask themselves the following questions:
- Am I missing one or more of my adult teeth?
- Has the aesthetics or function of my teeth been compromised by gaps between my teeth?
- Do I want to replace missing teeth to ensure the long-term health of surrounding teeth and my jawbone?
Patients who answer yes to these questions have a need that can be met by dental implants. Once it has been determined that a patient is in need of dental restorations, it must be determined if they meet the specific qualifications of dental implants. For our patients in Odessa, TX, dental implants are placed in the jawbone during oral surgery. Because this is a surgical procedure and because the implant must have ample support, good candidates for dental implants must meet the following requirements:
- Patients who receive dental implants must be in good health in order to undergo surgery
- Patients receiving dental implants need a strong jaw bone in order to support the dental implants (some patients may qualify for a bone grafting procedure if the jaw bone is not strong enough on its own)
- Ideal dental implants candidates have healthy gum tissue that will grow around the dental implant
- Dental implants candidates should be committed to the long-term care of dental implant restorations; this includes regular brushing and flossing, as well as routine dental check-ups
If you believe you meet these basic qualifications for dental implants, Dr. Simpson can perform a thorough examination and give you his professional opinion on whether dental implants may be right for you.
Schedule an Appointment
Replacing missing teeth is vital to your health and beneficial to the appearance of your smile. If you’d like to replace missing teeth with the most convenient, comfortable, and durable dental restoration available, schedule an appointment with Dr. Tim Simpson to learn is you are a good candidate for dental implants treatment. We look forward to meeting you.
Related to This
“I have used Dr Simpson for the last 20 years. I cannot say enough about how friendly, awesome and amazing he AND his staff are. I highly recommend him and his office! Amazing care and people!” Terri C.